Web Design with WordPress is targeted at people who have ZERO experience with the web and who want to learn web design. It is specifically targeted at those who would like to make a business out of building websites for others. The course takes the students through the web design process starting at the very beginning: Learning about WordPress and its two different flavours, buying domain names and hosting, what they mean, the absolute Dos and Don’ts, installing WordPress on your new server, right up to building a your own website.
This course is seriously hands on! You will watch my screen as I build a real life website while you repeat the process as we go. So, if you are new to this and would like to build your own website with your own hands, then this course offers you just that. If you are a business owner and you have been looking for a way to effectively manage your WordPress website, then this course teaches you the basics so you have enough knowledge to confidently make changes to your own website without fear of breaking stuff.
- Over 25 lessons and over 3 hours of content!
- Live demonstration of the building process from beginning till the end.
- Know the differences between websites and blogs and how they relate to each other.
- Understand domain names, domain name registrars, hosting servers and hosting companies
- Learn how to install WordPress both manually and automatically.
- Understand WordPress Themes and Plugins and best practices.
- Installing WordPress Themes and Plugins via the dashboard and via FTP.
- Creating pages, menu items, blog posts, using widgets and widget areas, creating footer content etc
- Using the WordPress Customizer
- Using Page builders to build really beautiful pages.
- Connecting your website to your social media pages
Ayodeji Agboola has been building websites since the year 2009. With more than a decade of website building experience, he demystifies the web design process with an easy to follow process that takes the student through the crucial knowledge gaps.
Start3.1 Introduction - Tools for building your website (2:29)
Start3.2 WordPress - Free and Self-hosted versions (2:29)
Start3.3 Installing WordPress on your server manually (9:20)
Start3.3.1 Creating the Database (5:47)
Start3.3.2 Manually connecting the Database to WordPress (9:47)
Start3.4 Installing WordPress on your server with Installers (8:47)
Start3.5 Best Practices for Building Websites Online (6:05)
Start3.6 A tour of the WordPress Dashboard (13:11)